Open burns are never allowed in Trophy Club. Plan to bundle and bag, NOT burn your leaves and yard waste.
Have a professional inspect and clean your fireplace, chimney, and any heating equipment.
Consider flashlights or LED lights as a safer alternative to candles or other open flames in your decorations.
If you do use candles or other open flames in your decorations, blow them out when you leave the room or go to sleep.
Watch that stove!
Stay in the kitchen when you are using the broiler, or frying or grilling on your stovetop. If you can’t keep an eye on the cooking, turn off the stove while you’re away.
Inspect cords for wear and damage, and replace any with cracks, broken plugs, or loose connections.
Power strips and extension cords
Use only one power strip or extension cord per outlet, and never plug an extension cord into a power strip.
Choose holiday decorations that are flame resistant, and keep anything that can burn THREE feet away from any heat source.
Live Christmas trees
Water live trees daily and dispose of them after Christmas or when they become dry. Dry trees are a fire hazard – don’t leave them in or against your home or garage.
Check your holiday lights
Use only holiday lights that have been tested by an independent laboratory, and check for signs of wear or damage before putting them up each year.